Evaluation 7: Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

Mast Head

prelim head.fw uncut title.fw

The mast head on my preliminary task was in a bubbly font, which I did still use on my magazine, however I did not think it was suitable for my main magazines mast head. I decided to use a bold and modern font for my magazine. I decided that I wanted to do this because by having the bold font it looked more modern and attracted peoples attention to look at it. Additionally, the layout that I used for my preliminary I did not think was suitable for my main magazine. This is because by having the font bold and going across the whole page, it made my magazine fit into the market that I put it in. After looking at magazines such as Billboard and Vibe, I could see that their mastheads were similar and also used a bold font. The colour I used for my mast head is white on both. After using the white on a blue background, I could see that it stood out a lot and was easily readable, therefore I decided to mirror the white font on a bright coloured background, making it stand out from the background. The preliminary mast head is still spread across the page, however the writing is on different levels. This is because the actual name of the preliminary magazines name is a lot longer than my main magazine, however if I decided to have a longer name for my main magazine because this layout did not look professional or suitable for my target audience.

Front Cover Image

front airbrush Prelim.fw

On my magazines front cover, my model is posing for the picture with her hand on her hip, where as in my preliminary magazine the image is candid and there is nothing professional about it. It is a very natural image. I decided that I wanted my model to be posing in my magazine because after looking at the preliminary image, it did not look as professional as I would have liked it to be. Additionally the front cover on my preliminary magazine is cluttered and has a lot going on, on the page. As you can see on my main magazine there is not a lot going on, the page is fairly spaced out and there is not too much going on that may put you off reading. In contrast you can see on my preliminary task there is a lot of text put in to fill up space and there is a lot of random pictures that have been included all over. It does not look very professional for my target audience, however because it is aimed at a school audience ranging from the ages of 11-18, it would suit them.

Contents Page

final contents prelim con.fw

My contents page are nothing alike. I created my contents page for my preliminary task based around a younger target audience that are not interested in the things I have included in my main magazine. The page looks really bare and there are just random images that are included on it to fill up some space. My main magazines layout is a lot more compact, however not cluttered. I have many images included on my main magazine because this makes the reader want to read the magazine more as they can see the whole magazine is not text heavy, where as the contents page for my preliminary task is really bare and too spaced out. However I decided to take the idea from my preliminary to include a bit more description based around the stories that are included.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s