For our form research we had to research the order of the opening titles.
- NAME OF THE STUDIO
Name of the studio that is distributing the film and may or may not have produced it (Walt Disney Pictures, Columbia, Lions Gate, Universal)
- NAME OF THE PRODUCTION COMPANY
Name of the production company that actually made the film or name of the investment groups or companies that financed a substantial part of the film.
- (PRODUCER NAME) PRODUCTION or/and (director only) A FILM BY (DIRECTOR NAME)
Director’s first credit, often “a film by XY or “a XY film”.
- FILM’S TITLE (Optional)
- CASTING or CASTING BY
- MUSIC or MUSIC COMPOSED BY or ORIGINAL SCORE BY
Composer of music
- PRODUCTION DESIGN or PRODUCTION DESIGNER
As a variation some of the below may be noted:
- SET DESIGN
- COSTUMES or COSTUMES BY
- MAKE-UP ARTIST
- VISUAL EFFECTS DIRECTOR or VISUAL EFFECTS BY
- EDITOR or EDITED BY
- DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- PRODUCER or PRODUCED BY, EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
Producers, co-producers, executive producers, ‘also produced by’ (credited for various reasons according to contracts and personal scrutiny of the principal producer). Often, though, the name of the producer will be the next-to-last opening credit, just before the director’s name is shown.
- WRITER(S) or WRITTEN BY or SCREENPLAY or SCREENPLAY BY
- DIRECTOR or DIRECTED BY